Monday, February 09, 2004

wow..

ok.. its all happening so fast.. got home last night from dinner after church, and my mum tells me my bro in law wants me to work for him mebbe 1 or 2 days this week.. (first is tomoz) finally i can get some cash, the job aint going to be easy as he owns a personal lawn mowing and gardening company.. so it'll be hard work.. but its cash that i need desperately..

then today.. something really unexpected.. but great happened.. first up.. i got a call from the manager of this home storage retail store, offering me a full time job there.. i however turned it down, due to the reasons that i really need a job now which is casual, or part time if it isn't in my degree related industry of Computing/IT so that i can maybe get some unpaid work experience in my industry while continuing to work as casual/partime.. and also if i were to accept, then i would feel obliged to work there for a decent amount of time (feels kinda slack if i accept the job, then leave 1-2 months in) overall i feel that declining the job was the right decision to make long term...

second up, about 30 mins later, i get another call from optus world (retail again) inviting me to come for an interview this week.. this was the real unexpected one coz i handed in my resume just 3-4 days before.. so they must have been in need of employee's.. this job is for casual, but if it was full time, i would take it as well.. even though it isn't in my industry.. it is with a company, that has many departments, this could be that 'foot in the door' that i've been waiting for.. if not, then it will be valuable experience that i can't pass up, and will still allow me to get unpaid work experience in my industry due to the casual hours.. the bonus with this job also, is that it is in an area where i have interest and knowledge about, even though it has little to do with my degree...

so, this has been certainly an interesting day and a bit.. i'm not going to get too excited yet as i need to pass the interview.. i'm just going to put it in God's hands and let him guide me on the path He wants me to live...