Sunday, November 27, 2005

wisdom teeth - still going? what??!?!?

ok.. the recap...

well thought i was on the mend.. but that turn out to be untrue yesterday morning (sat) around 1am... i suddenly felt a little bit more liquid in my mouth that normal and it tasted like blood.. what a suprise it was blood.. and it kept gushing out of my mouth.. similar to the day of the surgery where i had to be rushed in.. i tried to stop the bleeding by putting gauze pads in and applying pressure.. even getting ice packs from the fringe..

nothing.. 30 mins went by and i was still gushing blood and it wasn't stopping... eventually my parents took me to bankstown hospital to emergency where we were told by the nurse they couldnt' do anything for me as it was dental related and would have to come back at 8am.. in the mean time about 1.5 hours had gone past and i was still gushing blood

after we went to my local GP who is a relative and she had a look and tried to stop the bleeding as well for another hour.. no luck.. she tried calling bankstown hosital and westmead to mebbe get me in to see a doctor but both couldn't do nething as it was dental related...

got home and called the dental surgeon aroudn 4am'ish, i was so fortunate that he picked up his mobile at that time of the morning.. he was able to get me into nepean private hospital at that time.. so after a 40 min drive there, got in a saw him (still gushing blood, going pale and what have u)... there he restitched where it was coming from and manage to stop the bleeding...

by this time i had been up for well over 24 hours and the previous night only had like 3 hours sleep.. was sooo tired... i was then put on a drip and in the morning given blood transfusions (4 bags) and all that good stuff to get my blood levels back up and to help with my blood clotting and that (10 bags of this stuff, 4 bags of antibiotics, etc)...

so stayed in the hospital all day sat and most of the day sun.. i was first informed that i'd prolly go home on mon.. but i was fortunate my situation had stablised and they released me this arvo, given that i rest tonight and rest a bit more tomoz... but i should be ok..

far out aye.... another 2 weeks of healing.. and mushy food.. i'm really craving that steak.. subway and nandos now...

thank you to all of you who were and are praying for me and keeping me in your thoughts, it means a lot to me..

now back to healing... :-|